The technology that supports State websites is critical to delivering accessible services to all Californians. We deliver technologically great services through:
- Using web components to build user interface widgets that work across any stack to give our work more portability and longevity.
- Delivering fast web sites. Using web components and static site generation allow us to render pages fast and deliver advanced functionality with small code footprints so the user experience retains quality even for users with less expensive devices.
- Prioritizing speed and accessibility even when building highly dynamic dashboards. The equity dashboard is an example of making sure translations, screen reader navigation, and fast time to interaction can be achieved while delivering complex data visualizations.
- Architecting systems that require smaller production footprints. We use static site generation and serverless API patterns to run resilient, scalable systems with less production hardware. These practices let us handle bursty traffic at low cost, get higher SLAs from cloud providers, and require less operations management from our staff.
- Integrating continuous testing to make sure we maintain functional, accessibility, and performance goals with each code change.